Tungsten-molybdenum products are easily oxidized and discolored, and must be stored in an environment with a humidity below 60% and a temperature below 28 °C, and isolated from other chemicals.
The oxide of tungsten and molybdenum products is soluble in water and is acidic. Please pay attention!
2, pollution embrittlement
(1) At high temperatures (close to the melting point of the metal), it will react with other metals (iron and its alloys, nickel and its alloys, etc.), sometimes causing embrittlement of the material. When handling the heat treatment of tungsten-molybdenum products, be careful!
The heat treatment is carried out in a vacuum (10-3 Pa or less), reduction (H2) or inert gas (N2, Ar, etc.).
(2) When the tungsten-molybdenum product reacts with carbon, it will be embrittled. Therefore, do not touch it when heat-treating at a temperature of 800 ° C or higher. However, the molybdenum product is below 1500 ° C, and the degree of embrittlement due to carbonization is very small.
(1) Bending, punching, shearing, cutting, etc. of tungsten-molybdenum sheet products are prone to cracks when processed at room temperature and must be heated. At the same time, delamination sometimes occurs due to improper processing, so heating processing is recommended.
(2) However, when the molybdenum plate is heated at 1000 ° C or higher, it will be embrittled, which causes processing difficulties and must be noted.
(3) When mechanically grinding tungsten-molybdenum products, it is necessary to select a grinding method suitable for various occasions.
4, oxide removal method
(1) The tungsten-molybdenum product has an easily oxidizable property. When removing heavy oxides, please entrust our company or use strong acid (fluoric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.), please pay attention when handling.
(2) Light oxides Use a cleaning agent with an abrasive added, wipe with a soft cloth or sponge, and then wash with warm water.
(3) However, the washed products will lose their metallic luster. Please pay attention.
5, the use of precautions
(1) The tungsten-molybdenum sheet is as sharp as a tool, and the burrs on the corners and end faces are in danger of cutting the hand. When using the product, wear protective gear.
(2) The density of tungsten is about 2.5 times that of iron, and the density of molybdenum is about 1.3 times that of iron. The actual weight is much heavier than the visual appearance, so it may hurt people when transported by hand. It is recommended to perform manual operation as much as possible below 20KG.
6, handling precautions
Molybdenum and molybdenum products of molybdenum plate manufacturers are brittle metals, which are prone to cracking and delamination; therefore, when transporting, be careful not to apply shock and vibration, such as dropping.
Also, when packing, fill the shock absorbing material.